THIS IS girladvice'S BACK UP COMMUNITY. WE AREN'T SURE IF IT'S COMING BACK SO WE WILL BE HERE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
1. This is an ADVICE community, please keep posts on topic by either seeking or giving advice.
2. We want this to be an open and safe environment. That means no drama, disrespect, harassment, discrimination, flaming, or judging will be tolerated. Remember, this community is about giving advice, not passing judgment. If you wouldn’t want someone to say it about you, then don’t say it about someone else.
3. Do not change the “friends only” status of your post. If you do then realize you face the possible consequences of having it reposted somewhere.
4. No reposting other members’ friends only posts. Breaking this rule will result in being automatically banned.
5. Do not post inappropriate videos, communities or web links. Also, put any sex-related or possibly inappropriate post topics behind a cut with the words Not Safe For Work or NSFW, no matter how short.
6. Do NOT make posts asking "what are good ways to get high". Making mention of a drug relating to an actual problem is fine BUT we do not endorse the use of illegal substances and your post will be deleted. Likewise any other posts involving illegal topics will be removed. We would prefer not to have the community shut down.
7. Please be considerate of other members and their friends pages when posting. Put long posts and pictures behind an LJ cut. A good way to tell if it's too long would be to go to the girladvice main journal page (not your friends page) and see if you have to scroll to view the whole post. If you have to scroll, it's too long. (find out how to do an LJ-cut here) Also keep formatting to a normal standard, and don’t completely change the size or color of your text. Bolding or italicizing a few words is fine but do not change the entire thing. IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE AND CHANGE THE FONT OF YOUR POST, IT WILL BE DENIED. The first offense will result in a warning, following that the regular strike system will be followed.
8. Promos must be behind an LJ cut. Do not comment with promotions.
9. "Add me" posts are not allowed, however you may mention wanting some friends in alternate posts, like your intro.
10. Feel free to add the mods if you would like, however keep in mind that their journals are about them and advice will not be given if you ask for it in their journal. This community is for advice, the mods' private journals are not.